Margo is joined by fine artist Robyn Thayer. Robyn has been making the world a more appealing place as a beauty maker and storyteller since her first smile. Robyn’s art education is informal and profuse; a daily act. Her favorite artwork is large in scale and she prefers to use acrylics, water-soluble graphite and crayons, to create representational, contemporary abstract paintings. In this way she is able to convey a dreamlike quality- reflecting the innocence and grandeur of where the private inner world and the wild outside meet.
Margo and Robyn discuss:
- How Margo first discovered Robyn and how her creative path has evolved since that time.
- The transformative power of art and the importance of personal growth and experimentation
- Her artistic process and techniques as well as the challenges she has faced in the art world
- The importance of community and the power of bravery in supporting one another
- How her trauma has played a role in her creativity and even lends itself to her work
- Her upcoming book, storytelling through painting, musings, and poetry
- What it means to utilize rebel energy in creativity
- Intuitive art making
- And more!
Join Windowsill Chats Patreon for just $5 a month and receive early access to the Windowsill Chats Podcast, question submission for Q&A, replay’s of monthly Q&A create-together sessions, a vibrant Facebook community, and more at www.patreon.com/inthewindowsill!
Connect with Robyn:
Who is inspiring you right now (1-3 people, can be anyone!)
Emory Hall – https://emoryhall.com/
Deborah Stein (Windowsill Chats Episode 103) – https://www.deborahjstein.com/