This week, Margo is joined by illustrator, artist, teacher, and all-around creative person, Lisa Bardot. With the iPad and Procreate as her medium of choice, she creates industry-leading digital brushes, tutorials, and art-making resources to help beginners and experienced artists alike find joy in creating. Her tutorials and classes have been viewed by millions, with high praise for her thorough, concise, and fun teaching style. Additionally, she runs Making Art Everyday, providing drawing prompts and challenges to help people overcome fears and develop an art-making practice, as well as Art Maker’s Club, a joy-filled creative community and learning hub for digital art-makers.
Margo and Lisa discuss:
- Lisa’s creative path and how she became involved with Procreate
- Discovering and creating new Photoshop brush styles
- Launching her daily art challenge
- The endless creativity and benefits of using procreate
- Procreate enhances art, replicates traditional techniques.
- The beauty of connection and collaboration when it comes to creating and how she nurtures her online communities
- Approachable techniques to improve artistic skills quickly.
- Drawing in Procreate and digitally versus pen to paper
- And her new book, Drawing Digital: The Complete Guide to Learning to Draw and Paint on Your iPad
Connect with Lisa:
People inspiring Lisa:
The team at Procreate!