Margo is joined by botanical watercolor artist, teacher and podcast host Ping He. Ping made a career change from flower consultant to botanical artist in 2019 and shortly thereafter launched a successful stationary and gift brand, Ping He Art where she turned her intricate designs into beautiful paper products. Today, her art is available in 150 stores across 12 counties. In 2021, Ping was diagnosed with breast cancer which is when she realized her need and desire to live a life with purpose and she created Thriving Women Artists, a podcast by Ping and two friends sharing their tips and knowledge when it comes to working as a freelance artist and encouraging other women in creative industries. Amongst her work, Pink is currently working on designing a creative app called Botany Works where creative expats can share their passion for botanical art as well as live a creative and fulfilled life on their own terms.
Margo and Ping discuss:
- What it was like growing up during cultural revolution in China and what it taught her
- Taking charge of your own destiny and understanding what you want out of your own life and business
- Considering your own business risks and personal aspirations
- Taking baby steps and being unafraid of your own possibility and potential
- Navigating health challenges for herself and her child and how they affected her business
- How she balances motherhood and a creative business
- The richness of opportunities that come from collaboration
- Passion, authenticity and self-belief
- And more!
Connect with Ping:
People Inspiring Ping: