Margo is joined by the cheeky glam ma’am behind the Champagne Fabulous brand of gifts and home decor, Mandi Blackford. Through her brand, Mandi encourages people of all ages to unabashedly be exactly who they WANT to be with her motto “Age Inappropriately.” A watercolor & acrylic artist previously selling under the brand Jetset Barbie Art, Mandi took her creative career to the next level in 2022 when she launched the Champagne Fabulous brand with her first two original products on Amazon in the US, UK, and Australia. A pool float in the shape of a champagne bottle, and a doorbell frame that says “Press for Champagne”. All while maintaining her demanding full-time day job as a hotel software product manager. Mandi recently launched The Age Inappropriately Show – a weekly video podcast where hilarious content will always come back to the underlying message of encouragement to have self-love, confidence, and live authentically.
Margo and Mandi discuss:
- Her Arkansas upbringing, Baptist background and her evolving desire to be a preacher’s wife to becoming an artist
- The unique path and many jobs that took her to Las Vegas, Austin, Dallas, and Chicago before moving to Longview, TX
- What traveling taught her and how it inspired her first creative business name, Jetset Barbie
- Finding a new form of creativity through painting at the age of 46
- Making art profitable
- The Amazon FBA program: learning the ins and outs to sell her products on Amazon
- Learning to embracing her individuality and overcome societal norms
- Her new podcast and video show, Age Inappropriately
- And more!
Connect with Mandi:
People inspiring Mandi:
RuPaul (RuPaul’s Drag Race)